Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Yet another day in bed.......

Well, I haven't had much of a chance to do anything on the computer as I am fresh out of major knee surgery. It will be 3 weeks this Thursday, and while recovery is speeding along quite nicely, I still have months and months to go until I am even close to back to normal. It's getting me down quite a bit that I can't get out and about and do allof the fun stuff that my husband and daughter are doing. I'm trying to look at it as taking this time now to fix these problems will allow me to have tons of fun in the upcoming summers. For more information about the procedure I went through (cloning cartilage cells and replacing them in my knee) visit www.carticel.com . Thought that for people it may offer an alternative that your doctor may not be aware of because it's a relatively new procedure and only about 6,000 peoplei in the country have had it done. I also had to re-align my kneecap with screws so I'm in a significant amount of pain from that procedure - that is what's keeping me laid up for so long.
I am planning on taking more pictures of some fun beads I made before I had my surgery so I can share them. I plan on putting up some auctions soon to help me pay for a new designer set of crutches. Since I'll be on them for so long, I figure it would cheer me up to have really nice ones ( www.lemonaidcrutches.com ) - plus they make bags to put on your crutches which makes carrying things like your wallet and other necessities easy to carry.
I'll probably manage to do that later tonight, so be sure to check back!! :) I'll find a picture to put up of something I've been working on lately - donuts. I really love making them and they're so versatile.
By the way, please visit MY website at www.geneseeglassworks.com to view a lot of my work.
Have a great 4'th of July everyone!!!

No comments: