Sunday, May 27, 2007

Well, I'm an idiot.....

Yesterday, I began my grand plans for adding a water feature into the back shade garden of my house. The beginning of this plan included removing a spindly old lilac bush that has resided in the corner of my yard since before we moved here. It was placed there by someone who had no idea of what kind of light a lilac bush needs, so it grew tall and woody - spindly with more branches than leaves. My brother and I decided that it was time to get rid of it.
So, after a few errands out (one of which I bought a new anvil pruner to help with my task), I headed out to the back garden to bring this poor thing down.
As I'm happily chopping away at the undergrowth, I grabbed a branch and proceeded to cut at a 45 degree angle. Well, I didn't pay much attention to the fact that my hand was in the cutting path and I sliced the fatty part of my palm right open with my brand new, extra sharp pruners.
So we all piled into the car and took me over to the hospital for a fix up. Which consisted only of super gluing my cut back together. It hasn't held together too well and it's still swollen and very tender which meant I couldn't torch today, but better things came of it anyway.
Hubby finished digging out the lilac and put in my water feature!!!! I"M SO THRILLED!!!! It turned out just how I wanted it to!! Now I have the center feature for my Zen garden and I can start to work around that. The corner already looks so different and I can't wait to plant my hostas and ferns and moss around to complete the whole thing!
I have pictures that I still have to edit, but will post a short blog about it later tonight.
Right now, gotta put the little one to bed....
back soon!

No comments: