Sunday, May 20, 2007

Well, well.....I finally get back on here!




I think I posted here last fall and that was the last time I was able to access this account. Things have changed on here a bit now and I was thrilled to get back to this blog!

I've had some fun things happen this month for me and am really exited to share them with all of ya.... I know I won't have time to write everything I want to due to the fact that I have to leave for my daughter's soccer game in about 20 minutes, but I'll write a small overview and expand on it later I guess.

May is an insane month for my family. It has been for a long time and I dread it and love it all at the same time. My mother, husband, and daughter have birthdays within a week of each other, there's Mother's Day and usually 2 parties for my daugther (the family one and the friend one if her big day doesn't land on a weekend).

We're through all of that now except for a family get-together this Wednesday to have her party for her real birthday - THANK GOD! Now I don't feel like I'm running around with my head cut off. We are just doing a small family out to dinner thing, so that's easy.

I also am working outside of the home again! I'm really happy about that. There's a place down the street from me that I worked at about 9 years ago and quit because I was stupid. I had my daughter, and a few years after that, they started asking me to come in during holidays and while people were on vacation to help out - and then they asked me back this spring when a valuable employee got a great job offer and couldn't pass it up. It's this great place called the "Miner's Den". They started out decades ago as a rock shop and branched into fine jewelry. Over many years, they've added a bead room and many other jewelry lines to 3 large rooms of the store. It's a family owned business and they treat you like family even if you're not. I really love the environment and I get to get out a few times a week and talk with adults and create stuff for the store and get paid for it! That's a big change for me who's been literally stuck in my house for my beadmaking and motherhood for 6 years now. I welcome the change and the fact that they are all very happy I decided to come back to work for them.

Also, this weekend, I was fortunate enough to have my bud, JC Herrell come to stay with me for 3 days while she taught classes only a few miles from my house. It was so fun having her here! If you're not familiar with her work, be sure to click on her name to check out her website. She makes the most amazing beads - and they're HUGE!! I'm fortunate to have quite a large collection of her work that I get to admire every day. She was a wonderful guest and took my 6 year old's affections with great stride as sometimes she can be a bit overbearing trying to show a guest everything she can and telling every story she can remember. She also thinks that JC is "So COOL!"(since she's met her once before), so she was all over her most of the time. Thanks for humoring her, JC :) She's still talking about you and wanted me to write "Thank YOu for the birthday present!!!. Anytime you're around here, you're more than welcome here.

I'll be sure to post a picture of the bead I was gifted from her this time that I saw her. One of her new rainbow beads - so gorgeous!!! And I must point out - a whole spectrum on one bead! ;)


Oh, gotta run, but I have to write about my hubby, daughter, and Ben (the boy in her class who has a HUGE crush on her.) They went out to the movies and there's a heck of a story that I have to post about next blog........ I about died when I heard the story. SHE"S NOT READY FOR THIS!!!!!

No comments: